Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does app say to connect to itunes for alerts?

after installing ios7 various apps are saying "connect to itunes for alerts". previously, alerts were working fine. alerts are active in the settings.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 6:06 AM

14 replies

Nov 1, 2013 7:28 AM in response to Ralph9430

"chase" which is chase bank mobile banking and "myAT&T". i had been receiving alerts from both of these before the most recent software update (or this could be a coincidence in the timing) but i no longer receive push notification alerts from either. both apps show the message to connect to itunes to use push notification everytime i open the app.

i appreciate your continued attempt to help.

Nov 1, 2013 7:36 AM in response to mainstationsheriff

What about this:

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Note: Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

why does app say to connect to itunes for alerts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.