Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the Mavericks Installer file?

Ok, so before we start: "yes I have looked in /Applications" and "I'm doing this because I want to create a Mavericks installer on a USB stick".

On my Powerbook (which already has Mavericks installed), if I re-download the Mavericks installer, I can see a file called "OS X Mavericks" being created in the /Applications folder.

For some reason on my iMac (which also has Mavericks installed already), although the Launcher icon shows the download, and so does the App Store, I cannot see a file being created in /Applications, nor can I find it anywhere on disk.

Any ideas as to what's wrong, or what I can do to fix this?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 3.4HHz Intel i7, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 6:18 AM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2013 6:42 AM in response to m0thr4

To determine if it is actually downloading use Launchpad. You should see a fairly obvious new icon with an associated progress bar. Make sure you check every Launchpad page by swiping left / right.

If it's paused, click the icon to restart it.

Once it completes the icon will appear in Applications and Launchpad, it's just easier to find in Launchpad.

User uploaded file

When it's finished downloading it looks like this:

User uploaded file

The following will also appear in /Applications:

User uploaded file

It will be erased after the installer is finished with it, so if you don't want that to happen you must copy it to another location such as ~/Downloads. Dragging it there while holding an option key will do that.

To move it to another location hold the ⌘ key.

Where is the Mavericks Installer file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.