Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music, album covers and storage

Hi,

All my albums have the covers added in iTunes. While I go to my music folder, the covers are not there. The music seems to be copied to iTunes --> iTunes Media --> Music; and there all the covers appear. It's probably normal, but my question is - does the music takes doubled place on my disk? And is there a possibilty to make the covers appear in the music folder?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 5:58 AM

1 reply

Nov 2, 2013 5:24 AM in response to MilkyMouse777

For your specific issue, I'm not sure.

But (and apologies if this is an obvious point): in iTunes Preferences / Advanced, is "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" checked or unchecked? If it's checked, that may mean you've already got duplicates of all of your music. If the music is in a different folder, not in iTunes Media, then the music was duplicated way back when you first created your iTunes library. So, perhaps, yes, the music is taking up twice the space it needs to - but that may long predate the cover issue.

I suspect that iTunes is basically ignoring the other Music folder, and only paying attention to - and altering, and adding cover art to - the iTunes Media / Music folder.

Music, album covers and storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.