Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp driver updates on iMac for gaming

I am running bootcamp on my iMac and attempting to play Battlefield 4. I can run the game, but every time I open it I get a message that says please update my driver to 13.9 or later (I am running 12.8). I have a HD67000 Radeon series. I go to AMD.com to update my drivers. The latest stable driver that is out is 13.9. I download it, it open Catalyst Control Center, I click install, it fails every time. I have tried everything to get it to install but it will not. There is also a beta 13.9 driver available so I tried that one as well, also will not install properly. I downloaded the older 12.9 beta driver and installed it and it worked properly, so it seems I can not install the most updated drivers. I am playing with my graphics on low to medium in BF4 but I know the updated driver would fix my problems. Any tips on how to get the latest drivers for Bootcamp Windows 7 64-bit?

iMac, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 7:35 AM

6 replies

Nov 1, 2013 9:42 AM in response to Rudegar

Yea, I have tried all of those options as well and I have went through the bootcamp options on AMD website. I guess a better question is, why in the **** is there not an updated driver from 12.8 to 13.9 yet for Bootcamp users? I mean get your **** together. BF4 calls for 13.9 driver to run as smoothly as possible. So what are my other options besides waiting for a driver that will probably come out when theres a 15.9 driver available but bootcamp users will get like 12.5 or something dumb like that.

Edit* when I go throught the Bootcamp option on AMD's site, the latest available driver is 8.8....lol what a joke. Last updated 2011

Bootcamp driver updates on iMac for gaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.