Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a one year old Macbook Air 13. I have a brand new 22" external monitor. When I connect my external monitor it initially provides a nice display - very accurate and no distortions. But, within a few minutes the screen begins a incessant series

I have a one year old Macbook Air 13. I have a brand new 22" external monitor. In turning the Macbook and monitor on, the monitor displays very well, but within a few minutes it begins this incessant blinking (temporary black out of the screen that lasts anywhere from 1-5 seconds). This has been going on for a long time (it also happended with my older monitor which apparantly I threw out when I should have kept it thinking it was the problem). From reading various blogs in the Apple support community, this appears to be a widespread problem, but I don't find a solution, only a lot of speculation. I'm very surprised the Apple folks haven't figured this out. As a new Apple user, heretofor, I have been very impressed with the support and effort to get fixes out to users. This, however, has me frustrated to the point of junking my Mac and going back to a PC. I love the Macbook Air and most of the functionality, but I cannot function without an external monitor. Anybody have any ideas, please help. Frustrated, Jim

iPhone 3GS, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 7:56 AM

There are no replies.

I have a one year old Macbook Air 13. I have a brand new 22" external monitor. When I connect my external monitor it initially provides a nice display - very accurate and no distortions. But, within a few minutes the screen begins a incessant series

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.