Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove citrix online plug-in.

Hi, I had to retrieve some files from my crash plan cloud back up due to my external Time Machine backup drive failing. A guy from crash plan did a remote which install citrixonlinewebdeploymentplugin.plugin 1.0.0.105 in Safari. I went to Finder go to/ library plug-ins and I couldn't see it anywhere. However Java applet plug-in was marked as an alias and had been modified the very day the remote occurred. I also went to citrix online and downloaded the installer/ unInstaller and even though it said it had removed the plug-in it's still there in Safari Preferences/ security/ Internet plug-ins/ manage website setting. If anyone has any idea on how to remove this plug-in I would appreciate it as Safari says it does not support the highest level of security. Thanks for any help you can give me.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 8:11 AM

7 replies

May 19, 2017 9:20 PM in response to JacksonFroAR.

Hi Jackson- I realize it's been over 3 years since this happened to you but it just happened to me March 2017.

I went on my Mac Pro to log in to sbcglobal.net email which is now linked with Yahoo email and causing log in problems.

To confuse matters more, On the log in page, Citrix had put SEVERAL places to log in offering help that made it appear they were part of sbcglobal email. they never identified themselves as any different.

I finally asked when they wanted money to clean out my computer. they said it definitely had problems.

What I wanted to show you and others below, at least turn off and uninstall or run in safe mode. I'm taking mine to Geeks to be cleaned out.

Their business practice was deceptive.

I needed help Getting into my email which they agreed and then tried to charge me over $100+ for virus or malware removal.

So, anyway to turn off their plug in if you cannot find it to delete like me or you can run it in safe mode- go to Safari- preferences- security- internet Plug Ins- plug in settings- Citrix - uncheck the box then click done. Close security and all windows. Restart your computer. Double check to make sure it is still unchecked.

I also tightened all my security settings so no changes could be made and Mac turns off after 5 minutes of none use.

The following is what Apple recommends for security.

I pasted it in so don't know if it will show up ok.

Security preferences

Block or allow certain types of web content in Safari, and turn security warnings on and off. To set these options, open Safari, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Security.

Open Safari for me

Warn when visiting a fraudulent website

Safari warns you if the site you are visiting is a suspected phishing website. Phishing is a fraudulent attempt to steal your personal information, such as user names, passwords, and other account information. A fraudulent website masquerades as a legitimate one, such as a bank, financial institution, or email service provider.

Enable JavaScript

Allow JavaScript, which websites use for buttons, forms, and other content. Some websites can’t work properly if you disable JavaScript.

Block pop-up windows

Block ads displayed in pop-up windows that appear when you open or close a webpage. However, some websites use pop-up windows for essential content.

Allow WebGL

Let Safari show hardware-accelerated interactive 2D and 3D graphics on websites that use WebGL. No Safari plug-ins are required.
Click WebGL Settings to see which websites you visited use WebGL, and set blocking policies for WebGL.
To set a blocking policy for a visited website that uses WebGL, select the website, then click its pop-up menu and choose a policy:
  • Ask: When you visit the website, Safari displays a dialog asking whether you want to trust the website’s use of WebGL. See If a website has WebGL graphics.
  • Block: When you visit the website, Safari tells the website WebGL isn’t supported.
  • Allow: Safari lets the website use WebGL, unless WebGL presents a security risk on your computer.
  • Allow Always: Safari lets the website use WebGL, even if WebGL presents a critical security risk on your computer. Choosing Allow Always may present a security risk, so only select this option for websites you trust.
To set the blocking policy for other websites that use WebGL, click the “When visiting other websites” pop-up menu and choose a policy described above.
For more information about WebGL, see the Khronos WebGL website.

Allow Plug-ins

Let Safari show plug-in content on websites.
Websites use plug-ins for pictures, music, video, animation, interactive features, and other enhancements. Some plug-ins track your browsing history.
Click Plug-in Settings to see which plug-ins are installed, disable plug-ins, see which websites you visited use each plug-in, and set blocking policies for plug-in use.
To disable a plug-in, deselect the checkbox to the left of the plug-in’s name. To set a blocking policy for a visited website that uses a plug-in, select the plug-in on the left, select the website on the right, then click its pop-up menu and choose a policy:
  • Ask: When you visit the website, Safari displays a placeholder instead of the plug-in content. You can click the placeholder to allow the website to use the plug-in.
  • Off: When you visit the website, Safari displays a placeholder instead of the Internet plug-in content. You can click the placeholder to allow the website to use the plug-in.
  • On: Safari lets the website use the plug-in, unless it’s blocked by macOS File Quarantine. For more information, see the Apple Support article About the “Are you sure you want to open it?” alert.
  • Enable Security Protection: Safari prevents the website from using the plug-in if it’s blocked by macOS File Quarantine. To run the plug-in, hold down the Option key, click the plug-in’s pop-up menu, and deselect Enable Security Protection. Deselecting Enable Security Protection may present a security risk, so choose this option only for a website you trust.
  • Run in Safe Mode: Safari lets the website use the plug-in but runs malware checks. To run the plug-in outside of Safe Mode, hold down the Option key, click the plug-in’s pop-up menu, and deselect Run in Safe Mode. Deselecting Run in Safe Mode may present a security risk, so choose this option only for a website you trust.
To set the blocking policy for other websites that use a plug-in, select the plug-in on the left, then click the “When visiting other websites” pop-up menu and choose a policy described above.

May 20, 2017 11:49 AM in response to nannycandy

Did you try looking in your user Library?

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library.

or

In Finder hold down the option/alt key while selecting the Go menu item. Select Library.

Nov 2, 2013 11:05 PM in response to JacksonFroAR.

Hi, I found the citrix plug-in in library/ Internet plug-ins and two Plist files in library/preferences and a couple in application support. Can I remove them and are they associated with the Java applet at all. Any help "Linc Davis" would be appreciated as I am not sure whether this is safe to have on my Mac. Once again thank you. Jack.

Apr 8, 2014 9:28 AM in response to JacksonFroAR.

The Citrix Online plugin is not related in anyway to Java and makes no use of Java. It is a simple plugin that allows our websites to more quickly launch our software running on your system. It does the bare minimum needed to give us confidence that we can ask Safari to launch our software (GoToMeeting, GoToAssist, etc.) otherwise directing the user to download our software as needed.

The plugin is located under "~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" by default with some companies possibly installing it under "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins".

You can delete it as you desire however it will complicate and slow down potential future use of our products.

Message was edited by: shawn@citrix

How to remove citrix online plug-in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.