Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW Camera Support

I cannot get iPhoto 5 to accept my Minolta Maxxium 5D RAW MWR images. Is there a plugin or something I can do?
Jim

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Jul 7, 2006 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2006 5:32 PM

Hi Jim - are you saying iPhoto will not recognize camera and therefore won't load images? Or iPhoto recognizes minolta but refuses to donwload images? Or it uploads Raw images and you see they are jpegs?

iPhoto 5 does work with Raw Images, check this link it goes through what iPhoto does with Raw image files... post back, Good luck, Rick

iMac G5 iSight 20" - 30G iPOD in Slimming Black Mac OS X (10.4.7) - HP Pav 15" WS and Toshiba Sat 17" WS LP's - Canon 20D & A620
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2006 5:32 PM in response to Jim Horton1

Hi Jim - are you saying iPhoto will not recognize camera and therefore won't load images? Or iPhoto recognizes minolta but refuses to donwload images? Or it uploads Raw images and you see they are jpegs?

iPhoto 5 does work with Raw Images, check this link it goes through what iPhoto does with Raw image files... post back, Good luck, Rick

iMac G5 iSight 20" - 30G iPOD in Slimming Black Mac OS X (10.4.7) - HP Pav 15" WS and Toshiba Sat 17" WS LP's - Canon 20D & A620

Jul 7, 2006 8:19 PM in response to Jim Horton1

"RAW" is not a standard. Every manufacturer has its own flavor of RAW and some manufacturers have different flavors for different camera models. Any application that supports "RAW" must actually support many different formats.

Obviously, you're not about to replace the camera. You might consider Photoshop Elements ($60 if you shop around). It has 90% of the power of PS at 10% of the price. Besides, anyone that shoots in RAW mode would certainly want the power of PE. Now, does it handle Minolta's RAW? No clue but Adobe has a 30-day free trial version.

Jul 10, 2006 7:37 PM in response to Jim Horton1

Hi Jim - If you're still looking for a app to open MWR files, I should have mentioned Graphic Converter, I do use this app, find very fleixble and the best part it will open Konica/Minolta MWR Raw Photos. If you go to the link just check out the link to "Imports about 190 Graphic File Formats". This is a shareware, free to download and try... Good luck, Rick

Jul 12, 2006 5:06 PM in response to Jim Horton1

Hi again Jim,

Found some interesting info regarding the latest Mac OS X update to 10.4.7

Quote:

"Adds RAW image support for these cameras: Olympus C7070, Olympus E330, Olympus E500, Minolta Dynax 5D, Minolta Maxxum 5D, and Pentax *ist DL."

Above is at the bottom of page under "other"... Rick

iMac G5 iSight 20" - 30G iPOD in Slimming Black - Mac OS X (10.4.7) - HP Pav 15" WS and Toshiba Sat 17" WS LP's - Canon 20D & A620

RAW Camera Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.