Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Iris Pro good enough?

Im studying graphic design and will need a macbook good enough to last me atleast 4 years. Ive been looking at buying the mid 2012 refurbished MBP retina which has 1GB Nvidia graphics card but id idealy like to get the latest MBP with haswell. I think the top range MBP with Nvidia graphics is out of my price range so i would go for 256GB MBP instead, upgrading the ssd to 512GB.

Would Iris Pro be good enough to run programmes like photoshop, illustrator, after effects and maybe the odd bit of gaming or would they run faster/ better getting the 2012 MBP with the nvidia graphics?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 9:15 AM

Integrated GPUs like the Intel Iris Pro are not supported with Adobe applications, or at least, don't support all the features. If you are going to do serious work with your Mac, get the MacBook Pro with Retina display with the Intel Iris Pro GPU and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, so you have two GPUs, each one for different tasks

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2013 9:15 AM in response to Teph28

Integrated GPUs like the Intel Iris Pro are not supported with Adobe applications, or at least, don't support all the features. If you are going to do serious work with your Mac, get the MacBook Pro with Retina display with the Intel Iris Pro GPU and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, so you have two GPUs, each one for different tasks

Is Iris Pro good enough?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.