Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Radio keeps making my iPhone 5 crash

Ever since I downloaded iOS 7 my iPhone 5 has been crashing/soft rebooting (going to apple screen) it seems to only happen with iTunes Radio. 7.0.3 does not fix this either, truthfully its really starting to annoy me. I have restored the phone to factory several times, and still nothing works. Anyone else out there dealing with this?😠

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 9:36 AM

14 replies

Nov 2, 2013 5:11 AM in response to jat5

Well its good to know it not just me, seems like its an iOS 7 bug, truthfully I had hoped that Apple would have fixed this in 7.0.3 and its a little embarassing because its one of their own apps and one of the flagship new features. Mine does the same thing, I open the app everything seems fine, touch one of the stations to start listening and..crash. I also make sure I fully quit the app when I'm done listening to clear the cache that it may be storing, thinking that might contribute to whats causing it; but no luck. I think it does have something to do with the cached data its storing though, beause it seems like the app is trying to go off of the the preferences I choose or trying to pick up where I left off last and then crashes. When it reboots I notice that it goes through playing the same tracks before I get anything new to come up, which is why I think its cache related.

Dec 19, 2013 2:37 PM in response to TheBanditKing

I've had the same issue on iPhone 5s, and it's really starting to annoy me. I'm having a similar issue on a third gen iPad that doesn't seem linked to iTunes radio, but seems more linked to the app switcher.

I think this might be related to a springboard crash issue that is prominent across iOS7. Hopefully Apple fixes it with iOS 7.1. Until then, I'll add to the chorus: FIX IT, APPLE.

Feb 20, 2014 4:33 AM in response to TheBanditKing

Me too! Saddest part is that I was so frustrated with the Pandora app crashing while I paid for service, I switched to iTunes Radio. I tried Apple radio for a few days and it seemed to be comparable. However, after I PAID for iTunes Match is when I noticed the White Screen of Death.

Apple -- please fix the WSoD in the Radio app since I've just given you $25. Please.

iTunes Radio keeps making my iPhone 5 crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.