Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having wifi issues with the 2013 Retina MBP 15"?

I only just got this thing a few days ago, and every couple of hours I have to toggle the wifi on/off to get it to work. The wifi also doesn't work after waking from sleep.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 4:14 PM

11 replies

Nov 2, 2013 4:34 PM in response to rublind

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Nov 2, 2013 6:35 PM in response to rublind

I've noticed this as well. Really fast internet (fastest I've ever had before), but on occasion (if I had to guess, I'd say about 40% of the time) when waking from sleep, the icon shows I'm connected, but there is not a connection to the internet.

Turning off the airport and turning it on again appears to do the trick, so it's not horrible, but I'm wondering what's going on. Hmmm. If you get anything from phone support, can you please post what the recommended solution is?

I'm using one of the new AirPort Extremes, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Nov 24, 2013 10:07 AM in response to arsen32

There is an article on MacWorld about problems with the new APE firmware and instructions on how to Downgrade it. Do a search over at MacWorld for the article. It was posted about 2-5 days ago.

arsen32 wrote:

I have the same issue butit only started when I upgraded my APE to the latest firmware yesterday. AP Utility 6.3.2 and APE Firmware 7.7.2. Anyone found a solution? I have to fully restart for it to come back.

Dec 1, 2013 11:55 AM in response to rublind

I have been having increasing issues. I took my 15" MBP retina and Airport Extreme 6th gen into the genius bar. Based on my issues and diagnostics they replaced my Airport Extreme (I am running firmware 7.7.1) and ordered a new wireless card for my MBP retina. Hoping these will fix my issues. I do have applecare which always helps.

Anyone else having wifi issues with the 2013 Retina MBP 15"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.