Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upload any files from my mac to the Internet

I am new to Macbook, and this obviously never happened before

So, the problem is:

I can't upload any files from my Mac anywhere (Facebook, Instagram, etc)
I can't attach files to e-mails.
any files that are on my desktop, folders - they just turn in grey and I can't choose them.
The only way I can do it is by going to "ALL FILES" where I have to search through all the files that are on my Mac
Keep in mind that this is a glitch, because earlier it was all fine and normal
To see what I mean I am uploading a skreen shot of attemp of uploading files to Fb.
Can anybody help? Can it be some sort of virus? 😟User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2013

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2016 12:14 AM

Simple Solution...Drag And Drop Your Files From Finder...This Solved My Problem. I Hope It Will Solve Yours Too! :-D

8 replies

Apr 2, 2014 1:32 AM in response to uhhfggt

yes ingiulio is correct but he could of gave you a bit more information. When you select the paper clip(attach files) icon the window comes up where you can see your files there is an icon to the side of where you can change the view it looks like 2x3 small squareswith an arrow pointing down to side of those squares click on that and change the option to none and that will solve iur problem as it did mine

May 23, 2014 2:24 PM in response to uhhfggt

Okay I had the same problem but I figured it out. When you go to choose file, all the links are greyed out. Use two fingers simulatiously and click down on the file you want, then choose "quick look" from the option menu. This will open a preview of your document and make the open button usable. Close the preview, and then select the open button.

The site I was trying to use says it only supports IE, so maybe that is what causes the problem.

Hope it works for you!

Jun 29, 2014 8:26 AM in response to uhhfggt

I have a similar problem: if i try to browse my mac from any browser o try to attach a file to a mail browsing it instead of dragging it in the mail the sistem freezes. Firefox and safary freeze instantly with few secds delay, the circling wayting ball keeps turning infinitely, so the only way is to force the exit. I can't find a solution. I tried emptying the cache, no change. I disabled all the firefox adds on, non change.

It wasn't like this befor maverik upgrade, I don't recall if it happened immediately after of after a while.

Please help me on this.

Can't upload any files from my mac to the Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.