Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did CSV export go in Numbers '09?

I'm on a 2008 MacBook, so I can't upgrade the OS past 10.6, and therefore can't upgrade Numbers or the rest of the iWorks apps.

The "Export to CSV" functionality seems to have been removed! Does anyone know where it went??

I'm attaching an image of the File menu. No, there aren't any CSV options under Save As…

User uploaded file

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2008 MacBook

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 5:05 PM

7 replies

Nov 1, 2013 6:31 PM in response to Duffster

What application is this from?

Numbers 2.3 File menu:

User uploaded file

Since I have upgraded to 10.9 I cannot check version of Numbers that runs on 10.6. Is there a share menu ? Here is the link to the Users guides:

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#productivitysoftware

on page 186 I found how to export to CSV.

I hope this helps. Try restarting Numbers, then your machine.

Nov 2, 2013 5:34 AM in response to Duffster

I got there with Software Update. Actually, although Software Update brought me up to iWork 9.1, I don't think updating past 9.04 adds anything if you are still on Snow Leopard.

The 9.04 updater is here. The downloads section of the Apple Support page also has the 9.1 updater.

The Export… menu option should be there even in Numbers 2.0, so I don't know if updating would help with that issue, but it might help with other features.

Where did CSV export go in Numbers '09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.