7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 2:37 PM by Duffster
Duffster Level 2 Level 2

I'm on a 2008 MacBook, so I can't upgrade the OS past 10.6, and therefore can't upgrade Numbers or the rest of the iWorks apps.

The "Export to CSV" functionality seems to have been removed! Does anyone know where it went??

I'm attaching an image of the File menu. No, there aren't any CSV options under Save As…

Screen shot 2013-11-01 at 6.03.09 PM.png

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2008 MacBook
Solved by Jeff Shenk on Nov 2, 2013 5:34 AM Solved

I got there with Software Update. Actually, although Software Update brought me up to iWork 9.1, I don't think updating past 9.04 adds anything if you are still on Snow Leopard.

The 9.04 updater is here. The downloads section of the Apple Support page also has the 9.1 updater.

The Export… menu option should be there even in Numbers 2.0, so I don't know if updating would help with that issue, but it might help with other features.

Reply by SGIII on Nov 1, 2013 6:39 PM Helpful

Maybe a Numbers version earlier than 2.3???

In any case if export is really gone from the menu a likely workaround is select the cells in the table you want to export, command-c, command-v into TextEdit, save as tsv (tab-separated-value) file.

SG

Reply by Duffster on Nov 5, 2013 2:37 PM Helpful

Thanks for the help. For whatever reason Software Update gave me nothing, but I was able to do the manual download/install for iWork 9.1 (the last version supporting 10.6.8) and I now have a CSV export option.

All replies

• Wayne Contello Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.iwork
    iWork

What application is this from?

Numbers 2.3 File menu:

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 8.22.48 PM.png

Since I have upgraded to 10.9 I cannot check version of Numbers that runs on 10.6.  Is there a share menu ? Here is the link to the Users guides:

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#productivitysoftware

on page 186 I found how to export to CSV.

I hope this helps.  Try restarting Numbers, then your machine.

• SGIII Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Maybe a Numbers version earlier than 2.3???

In any case if export is really gone from the menu a likely workaround is select the cells in the table you want to export, command-c, command-v into TextEdit, save as tsv (tab-separated-value) file.

SG

• Jeff Shenk Level 4 Level 4

Numbers 2.1 on OSX 10.6.8:

Screen shot 2013-11-01 at 10.08.43 PM.png

I know Numbers 2.3 didn't add anything for Snow Leopard; maybe it hid the Export… item? On my system Export… has CSV, from both the File and the Share menus. Even if there is no open document to export, the menu item is there (just grayed out).

• Duffster Level 2 Level 2

This is Numbers '09 2.0. Can I ask how you got to 2.1? I see the updates available for Mavericks, Numbers, iPhoto and others in the App Store, but none of them will install for me on an '08 MacBook. Numbers '09 2.0 seemed to be the ceiling.

I ended up doing something very similar: copy/paste to TextWrangler and Find/Replace tabs with commas.

• Jeff Shenk Level 4 Level 4

I got there with Software Update. Actually, although Software Update brought me up to iWork 9.1, I don't think updating past 9.04 adds anything if you are still on Snow Leopard.

The 9.04 updater is here. The downloads section of the Apple Support page also has the 9.1 updater.

The Export… menu option should be there even in Numbers 2.0, so I don't know if updating would help with that issue, but it might help with other features.

Thanks for the help. For whatever reason Software Update gave me nothing, but I was able to do the manual download/install for iWork 9.1 (the last version supporting 10.6.8) and I now have a CSV export option.