Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanently tagging iTunes movies as, "Films", not, "Home Videos".

So, it appears that Apple have introduced a new media kind, Home Videos, in iTunes 11.

The upshot is that when I add films previously correctly tagged as Film to iTunes 11, they for some reason appear as Home Videos. I have to select them and choose Film from the Info window to retag them. But this appears not to re-write the tag, only to cache it locally or something similar. So, whenever I add these films to iTunes again I have to do the same process over and over.

I'd be grateful if someone could indicate a method or app for permanently ascribing the Film tag to my movie files, so that they show up forevermore in the Films category and not the Home Videos category of iTunes 11.

I've looked around, and found nothing. I'm looking for responses that have a confirmed solution, please, not just advice to look here and there for possible answers. I'm saying this so that it's clear, not because I'm trying to be abrupt or harsh. Forum responses are frequently of the, "have you tried blahdeblah" type, and I'd like to discourage that kind of reply entirely. I use forums as a last resort, not a first stop.

Thanks for understanding.

Mac mini (Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 6:49 PM

1 reply

Permanently tagging iTunes movies as, "Films", not, "Home Videos".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.