Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 5 touchscreen don't work

I worried about the touchscreen problem on my iphone..... 😟 last night i used it to watch Youtube on it but suddenly it sent me to the homescreen and the touchscreen won't respond at all..... i use the accessibility button on my iphone..... i've been using it for about 2 weeks and this is my third time i got this problem... in the first time, the touchscreen is just stack but after i waited for a minute it works normally again... then in the second time after i started to use the accessibility button, i got the problem where that button was suddenly disapeared then the touchscreen was stop working for a few sec.... and now its stop like forever.... i did restart it by pressing the home and sleep/wake button together for a few times but it still won't work.... and uniquely, my phone won't sleep until i press the sleep button... so its just turn on all the time..... i already restart it for few hours but still doesnt work.... and i have cleaned the screen and open the casing and all those stuff but it still doesnt work 😢..... I have been using this iphone for about 4 months.... please somebody help me!!! 😟 i tried syncing through the itunes on my mac but still doesnt work.... i couldn't restore the iphone because it said that i have to turn off Find My Iphone through the icloud setting on my iphone... coz my touchscreen doesnt work so... what could i do? Gosh please

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 7:42 PM

You should stop using it because it may be causing further damage. When you get a chance stop by your local apple store they can either fix your phone or send you a new one

5 replies

Dec 29, 2013 8:40 AM in response to Panduekoyudho

For others who may get this and for whom resetting settings is not a permanent solution (it worked for a while, but anoyingly started doing it again) there is a workaround other than doing a hard reset of your phone (holding the sleep/wake and hold buttons for at least 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears):

Use Siri to launch an app. That seems to unstick whatever is jamming the lock screen. I'm hoping the next iOS update fixes this because my iPad just did it for the first time 😟 Previously it was restricted to my iPhone.

Why does my iPhone 5 touchscreen don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.