Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to download Mavericks

Attempting to upgrade my MBP (Earlier 2011) from OS X Lion to Mavericks since it launch but it keeps showing "Waiting" and no progress even I leave my MBP on for few days. Any suggestion how to get the software?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 7:27 PM

10 replies

Nov 1, 2013 8:42 PM in response to CH Wan

To determine if it is actually downloading use Launchpad. You should see a fairly obvious new icon with an associated progress bar. Make sure you check every Launchpad page by swiping left / right.

If it's paused, click the icon to restart it.

Once it completes the icon will appear in Applications and Launchpad, it's just easier to find in Launchpad.

User uploaded file

When it's finished downloading it looks like this:

User uploaded file

If it really is not downloading read Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads

1. Open the Mac App Store.
  2. From the Store menu, choose Sign In.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Click Purchases to get to your Purchases Page.
  5. Click the Resume button next to the app name.

Also read: Troubleshooting the Mac App Store

If you're still having trouble write back.

Nov 2, 2013 8:27 AM in response to CH Wan

Try the following:

Sign out of the App Store, then quit the App Store.

Select (triple-click to select the entire line), then control-click, and from the contextual menu that appears select Services > Reveal in Finder:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist

Drag the highlighted file to the Desktop.

Repeat with the following two lines

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.storeagent

Open the App Store again, select the Purchases list, sign in, and attempt to download Mavericks again.

Nov 2, 2013 9:51 AM in response to CH Wan

Have same problem when download was interupted by loss of broadband. Launchpad shows waiting. Tried solution to resume and nothing happened . Tried moving three lines from Library as above (what is all that triple click/control-click Services Reveal in Finder all about?) . Opened App Store and tried down load again. Nothing. Still waiting in Launchpad. Did you have any luck?

Nov 3, 2013 2:45 AM in response to CH Wan

Found this advice in Digitaltrends:

How to delete the Mavericks Launchpad icon and restart the download

Here’s another fix we found. Some users report that if you suspect your Mavericks download has failed, you should open Launchpad, find the page containing the Mavericks icon and hold the Option button on your keyboard. Once you do, an X should appear right next to the icon. Click the X and try restarting the download in the App Store.

This worked for me and got rid of the Waiting in Launchpad and enabled me to download again from scratch that worked . The Install took over an hour.

It puzzles me how Apple expect anyone to know this . There seem to be all sorts of little tricks that are not documented and Apple never offer any soltions to problems but expect kind hearted customers like John Galt above to supply support and solutions (which in this case did not work). Twas ever thus.

Nov 3, 2013 6:55 AM in response to annetempleton

Thanks for the suggestion; it is one of a number of potential solutions.

It doesn't work in all cases. If it does not work I have several more to suggest, but unless CH Wan responds we'll never know which one solved the problem. Different people have reported success using different solutions, but there doesn't seem to be a single solution that fixes this problem for everyone.

unable to download Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.