Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari bookmarks on iPhone 5s not syncing from iCloud

I got my new iPhone 5s and even though I signed in to my iCloud.. The bookmarks I have on safari on my iPad mini don't show up on my iPhone 5s. I already tried turning safari off on the iCloud then on again, I tried turning off my iphone, tried signing out of my iCloud on the iPhone and then signed in again... But still nothing...

Help!

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 7:37 PM

7 replies

Dec 14, 2013 3:56 PM in response to stefanieRibarra

I have the same issue on my Ipad Mini. I have tried every rectification I can find, yet I still cannot get my bookmarks to transfer over to my Ipad Mini. This is really frustrating and the fact that Apple have removed the Info tab from Itunes (which would have allowed me to bring it over manually) is frustrating. I was not a big Android fan, but am starting to get annoyed with how Apple controls how you access your own information.

Dec 21, 2013 10:09 PM in response to stefanieRibarra

i am having the same problem but between my iphone and my macbook pro. initially, my Safari on my macbook pro was syncing perfectly through sept. 2013. ever since then, nothing, including my history and bookmarks, from safari on my mac will sync anymore with the safari first on my iphone 4s and now my iphons 5s. i've already turned off the syncing options on both devices, turned them back on and restarted both devices, as per the suggestions from another post. STILL NOTHING. And with the update to the iOS on iphone as a few months ago, there is no longer the option to turn on and off the safari book sync options under settings on the iPhone or on iTunes.

May 5, 2014 1:09 AM in response to stefanieRibarra

I know this is a really late reply but I found this solution on another thread which worked for me and hope it does the same for you:

While Safari is open on your Mac, click the bookmarks icon in the upper left corner, click Favorites Bar (if using), open a folder. Now open your iPhone and open Safari, click the bookmarks icon on the bottom and open Favorites to the same folder. I am able to move one bookmark on my computer and within a few seconds actually watch it move on the phone to the same spot.

Jan 3, 2016 10:36 AM in response to xser

After 4 weeks of this, I fixed this by trying the following:

- Back up iPhone

- Restore iPhone and set up as new (i.e., do not restore from backup)

- (Log in to iCloud when prompted during setup)

- (Once using phone): Do an iCloud backup.

- Go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Safari (Choose "Delete..." when prompted)

- (Wait until delete is complete)

- Turn off iPhone

- Turn on iPhone

- Go to Settings > iCloud and turn on Safari (Choose "Merge" when prompted)

My bookmarks showed up in seconds (I have about 100 bookmarks and I am on wifi with about 15mbps speeds.)

What's Weird: I've tried this multiple times over 4 weeks, and this is the first time it worked.

Safari bookmarks on iPhone 5s not syncing from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.