Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Maverick free upgrade and not HP Scan does not work right?

HP Scan proper. However, when emailing or saving (PDF JPEG, etc), it says read only and check preferences. Can't locate preferences. This all happened AFTER downloading free upgrade from Lion to Maverick.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 8:15 PM

arnieeom,

Please try and re-state your problem, the way it's currently reading all I can get is you are frustrated. What is HP Scan proper??????????

7 replies

Nov 1, 2013 8:24 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I scan with HPC-4480. Since installing free upgrade Maverick, now scan looks good and clean. HOWEVER, when I go to send the file is blank and/or distorted. I have tried to send or save in PDF and JPEG to no avail. When I save file it has error message as follows:

'An error has occurred saving the file because it could not be written to. Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read-only.'

And I do not understand how to check the properties for the file

Nov 2, 2013 5:19 AM in response to rkaufmann87

OK, did that and double check permissions. They look exactly like your simularity. Keep in that preview located right above Sharing and permissions, shows the distorted horizontal lines of document with not content vs. what we see when we scan document and then hit send or save tab for PDF? So the distortion happens when we try to send or save good scan. THEN, when we try to save or send in other have a other mode?

Nov 2, 2013 9:42 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Apple support offered that since I uploaded Maverick it has 90 day tech support. Tech supports initial understanding that it is issue with HP driver upgrade that will be offered shortly by HP. Tech support also offered current HP upgrade link and said it might resolve situation. However, it did not. Waiting on HP to update compatible driver for Maverick. Thank you for your time, effort, kindness and patience. ALL LOVE ALL DA TYME! :-)

Downloaded Maverick free upgrade and not HP Scan does not work right?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.