Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do ibooks store samples download but not sync?

ibooks samples download to computer but don't sync to ipod touch. Why is that? I must download directly to ipod touch... browsing through ibooks store is almost impossible if one does it on the ipod. I use ibooks store on computer and download samples and then I search for titles on my ipods Ibooks and must download it there. Syncing to ipod would make this easier since I prefer to read books there but prefer to browse ibooks store on the computer.

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 11:34 PM

4 replies

Nov 2, 2013 1:23 PM in response to RiverLifeBlood

Related to this, when I restored from an iPad backup, all my iBook Samples (about 130) disappeared. So unless there is a work-around, I have to try to remember which 130 iBook Samples I downloaded, redownload one-by-one, and realize if I ever have to restore from a backup, I lose them all again.

Also, all the PDFs I added also disappeared--amazing.

Apple, this is crazy. Make iCloud store ALL our downloads. When we backup, store ALL our iBooks, including Samples and PDFs, and include them in the restore.

Why do ibooks store samples download but not sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.