Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to Wifi via Airport - IP address

When I try to connect to Wifi I get this message "AirPort does not have an IP address and cannot connect to the Internet." How can I fix this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 1:03 AM

2 replies

Nov 2, 2013 1:30 AM in response to natasje

You are not connected properly.

I am not sure what is giving you the message, as Apple calls everything airport..!!

I generally recommend a factory reset of the router.. redo the setup.. make sure you use WPA2 AES or Personal in apple terminology with 10-20 character pure alphanumeric password. The name for wireless should be short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

Make sure you are close enough to pick up the signal well.

Has this been working ok?? Have you just upgraded to Maerick?

Nov 2, 2013 1:35 AM in response to LaPastenague

I havent upgraded anything 😟 It has worked fine for almost 6 months, and since yesterday wont connect. When I go to system preferences, network, Airport, it says not connected, but airport status is ON, then under that gives me the message "AirPort does not have an IP address and cannot connect to the Internet." However the wifi symbol shows that its connected as it is black, but my browser wont open anything.

I have reset my entire modem, channels, passwords, etc. It wont connect to any network, not even my iphone hotspot.

Connecting to Wifi via Airport - IP address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.