Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my contacts icon back on my desktop in my 5S

I had to reset my new 5s and restore from iTunes. I have everything back on my phone now, but my Contacts Icon is missing from my desktop. I can access My Contacts from My Messages and from My Phone and I can see it when I search for it, but I want a copy of it on my desktop. How do I do that?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 12:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 1:01 AM

Hi vickiandlarry,

You cannot delete the Contact app from your device, so it is there somewhere....

Check Settings>General>Restrictions, and make sure that Contacts is not set to "Don't Allow Changes"

Do a Spotlight Search (swipe up in the middle of the Home screen) and type in Contacts to see if it may have been accidently put into a folder (the folder name will show up when it finds the listing)

Check each of your Home screens to make sure it is not on one of them - keep swiping to the left to make sure you don't have one sitting out there with just the Contacts on it at the end of the set of Home screens

If all else fails, you can go to Settings>General>Reset, and click on "Reset Home Screen Layout". That will reset all of your icons in their orignal order, and will put the Contacts (along with all of the other Apple iPhone apps) on the first Home screen

Cheers,

GB

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2013 1:01 AM in response to vickiandlarry

Hi vickiandlarry,

You cannot delete the Contact app from your device, so it is there somewhere....

Check Settings>General>Restrictions, and make sure that Contacts is not set to "Don't Allow Changes"

Do a Spotlight Search (swipe up in the middle of the Home screen) and type in Contacts to see if it may have been accidently put into a folder (the folder name will show up when it finds the listing)

Check each of your Home screens to make sure it is not on one of them - keep swiping to the left to make sure you don't have one sitting out there with just the Contacts on it at the end of the set of Home screens

If all else fails, you can go to Settings>General>Reset, and click on "Reset Home Screen Layout". That will reset all of your icons in their orignal order, and will put the Contacts (along with all of the other Apple iPhone apps) on the first Home screen

Cheers,

GB

How do I get my contacts icon back on my desktop in my 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.