Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone serial number doesn't match the serial number on the logic board label

Hello,

My name is Nuno and I have an iphone 5 16gb, and after the update to the ios 7.0.3 my camera and volume button stopped working.

Because i have the phone for less than a year, I decided to take it to the store in order to repair the problem or get a new phone. (note that in Portugal we dont have apple stores, but you do have authorized repair shops.)

(the problem stars now):

2 days after I delivered the phone, i received a call from the store saying that was a problem with my warranty. When i get there, the guy informed me that the phone's serial number, doesn't match the one on the logic board.

This said they cannot ask for a new phone, because my phone, quote "might be stollen" or from "black market". I have now to contact apple in order to get some explanation and solution. (Waiting for monday, because theres no call center during weekend)

I bought the phone direct from the apple store web site, I have the warranty and the Phone is 100% legit.

Please let me know if you have the same issue, and if apple gave a solution

thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 7:29 AM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2014 7:39 AM in response to 90narm

I have a similar problem! Apple is telling me that my warranty is void because the serial number of the display does not match the device.

Now, I don't know how to change a display myself. I also have Apple Care +, which means that even had I dropped the device by accident, it would cost me $69 to get it replaced. There is absolutely no reason why I should take the device to a non-authorized repair shop.

I bought the device from my carrier, right now I am starting the normal process there: Sending it in for repair. Let's see how that goes …

My iphone serial number doesn't match the serial number on the logic board label

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.