Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have aperture 3 on Disc how do i install on MBP (OSx Mavericks)

Hi all, I have downloaded a trial version and started by putting in my Serial number frm origional disc.....all this worked fine, however now it wont open because apeture 3 is not compatable with OSx mav, the app is not on the desktop and is greyed out in the application list.

please advise

Regards Philip

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 8:34 AM

Philip,

if you are running Mavericks you first have to update Aperture to version 3.5.

You should see the update at the AppStore in the Updates pane.

If it is not showing, try to update first by running Software update from the -menu in the upper left corner of your main menu bar. If no updates are shown, download the last update from the support page:

Aperture 3.4.5

and install that. Then try update again at the App Store.

For the update to show at the AppStore, you must be signed in with your AppleID and Aperture must be installed in the Applications folder and simply called "Aperture", not "Aperture Trial" or something.

-- Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2013 8:34 AM in response to philipfromcodublin

Philip,

if you are running Mavericks you first have to update Aperture to version 3.5.

You should see the update at the AppStore in the Updates pane.

If it is not showing, try to update first by running Software update from the -menu in the upper left corner of your main menu bar. If no updates are shown, download the last update from the support page:

Aperture 3.4.5

and install that. Then try update again at the App Store.

For the update to show at the AppStore, you must be signed in with your AppleID and Aperture must be installed in the Applications folder and simply called "Aperture", not "Aperture Trial" or something.

-- Léonie

I have aperture 3 on Disc how do i install on MBP (OSx Mavericks)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.