Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do multi-finger gestures on my trackpad sometimes stop working on Mavericks?

Since upgrading my 2011 iMac to OS X Mavericks, I've had numerous bugs, especially related to my trackpad.

Sometimes it will freeze up and stop moving, and I have to turn it off and back on. Other times the multi-finger gestures don't work at all, and if I try to do the two-finger "back" gesture in Safari, the browser freezes up.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 9:58 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 12:49 AM in response to Greeno1012

I experienced the same problems with my 2010 MBP. Safari hangs when navigating back and afterwards the magic trackpad stops processing gestures.

Today I recognized that turning the trackpad off (hold trackpad power button until Mavericks shows message "Trackpad off") and afterwards turn it on again (press trackpad power button) fixes this problem.

I consider the root cause is a bug in Safari.

Hope that helps a bit.

Why do multi-finger gestures on my trackpad sometimes stop working on Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.