Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers 3.0 currency format

I need to add values in different currencies, obviously after converting all of them into a common currency. Numbers version 2 allowed me to add a cell formatted in GBP to a cell formatted in USD, with the latter multiplied by the exchange rate. Numbers 3 doesn't allow this anymore: it will only add cells formatted in the same currency. It's an infuriating attempt to be helpful...But how do I get around this silly limitation?

Jan-Peter

Numbers 3.0-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 11:25 AM

5 replies

Nov 1, 2017 11:56 AM in response to Jan-Peter Onstwedder

Hi Jan-Peter,

See the helpful user tip by Ian (Yellowbox) (and give it a 'like' if you like it).

I do not believe there is a TRUNCATE() function in Numbers (at least not when the language is set to English) so it's unclear how that could have solved your problem.🙂

User uploaded file

To convert from something already formatted as Currency, I'd use VALUE(), or ROUND()

For new documents, I simply use a Custom Format made to look just like currency. It's easy to do and it avoids the whole problem.

SG

Numbers 3.0 currency format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.