Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restart Airport Express?

Is there any way to restart Airport Express from Airport utility? It's kind of a hassle to dig it out and unplug it every time the AirPlay speakers become inaccessible...

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 12:44 PM

Open AirPort Utility

Select the Express and click Edit or Manual Setup depending on your version of AU

Click the Base Station menu at the very top of the screen up where the other File, Window, Help menus appear

Click Restart

7 replies

Nov 2, 2013 12:59 PM in response to Bob Timmons

The Airport utility interface presents almost every single function related to the base station inside this new "device map", and the pop-up window by clicking each device. Well everything, except for restarting the device.

Functions I expected from the top menus were application related (ie, how the application behaves), not those specific to a device.

Good to hear this design pleases some...

Feb 12, 2016 11:17 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thank you so much for tip! I was also looking for how to restart the AirPort Express without having to unplug it each time 🙂

I've created a short video tutorial showing the procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuN1MO4OQN0

Hope you'll like it and thank you again @Bob Timmons for the solution and @Levente Orban for bringing up the question. It's what makes this community awesome!

Feb 12, 2016 2:01 PM in response to Bob Timmons

That would be some sweet setup!

It's a great suggestion. I might just route the power cable from the AirPort Express to the extension port in the next room (it has an on/off breaker). The modem and router are already connected to it anyway, so it will be a full Internet reset switch 🙂

Thank you again for the suggestion and for the solution before. I'm glad if you like the video.

How to restart Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.