Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting really frustrated and could use some help

Hello there!

I'm not sure what happened because when I plugged in my ipod today (I have an 8g ipod touch) everything was reset to the basics in itunes. My entire library was delted. Honestly I'm not really that upset by that as I was going to change out all of my music anyways.

My problems are as follows:

I can no longer add more than 1 folder at a time.

-How can I change it to where I can add multiple folders again?

When I do add a folder it now automatically takes me out of the adding music on your ipod spot (sorry I don't know how else to describe that page) but it takes me out of there and automatically creates a playlist and starts to play the folder I just added.

-How do I stop it from creating playlists automatically? I absolutely hate playlists. I've never used them and I don't forsee myself useing them anytime soon.

-How do I stop it from automatically playing the songs/folders I add?

-How do I stop it from taking me out of the ipod page and into the playlists page?

My ipod NEVER used to do any of this before so I'm really not sure why all of that changed and why I can't change it back.

My audiobooks tab is gone.

-How do I bring this back so I can audiobooks again?

I've spent the last couple of hours sifting through manuals, let me tell you 138 pages is a lot to go through, forums and google and a lot of technical jargon and acronyms. All in all, I'm having a heck of a time finding exactly what I need to help me out and I admit I am starting to get really frustrated.

The other day it was so easy, add a couple of folders to the library, select them hit apply and VOILA all was golden. Today, not so much.

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 12:58 PM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2013 1:21 PM in response to duckydame

To add the AudioBooks back, redownload them to your iPod.

Open up iTunes on your computer and open up preferences.

Go to the General Tab and make sure Books, Podcasts, and iTunes U are checked under "Sources:"

Then click on your iPod and go to "Books" and make sure AudioBooks are selected

For the folders, are they moving away from each other when you try?

Are you sure you're putting them on each other exactly?

Please show a picture of the "adding music on your iPod spot" place you are trying describe?

Nov 2, 2013 3:33 PM in response to Kneil31

I'm still having troubles getting the audio books to appear.

Heres what im selecting.

User uploaded file

and then the books tab is still not appearing.

User uploaded file

and then as far as adding folders here is what I am doing. User uploaded file

this was how i had it before. it gives me mroe control to choose what i want to add.

User uploaded file

that is where i go to add the folder, like i did before.

User uploaded file

selecting the folder like normal.

User uploaded file

then this box immediatly pops up. not allowing me the option to select and apply any music i may have added.

User uploaded file

the music starts playing and it takes me to the playlist page.

User uploaded file

but when i click on the ipod icon and go back into this area. the folder is there.

all the steps ive just shown you is how i have ALWAYS done this ever since i got my ipod. Ive never had any of these weird problems utnil today.

I'm getting really frustrated and could use some help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.