Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help-my new 5s won't acknowledge the fingerprint security lock. I can successfully scan my fingerprint. I think I have the settings correct in passcode lock etc.- but when I turn off my phone it only asks for the passcode lock- no fingerprint id.

Hi- I hope someone can help me. My new iphone 5s won't acknowledge the fingerprint security lock. I can successfully scan my fingerprint. Yay! I think I have the settings correct in passcode lock, ie the fingerprint lock is on for phone and itunes store (it does not work there either)- but when I turn off my phone and then back on again it only asks for the passcode lock- no fingerprint id. 😐 thank you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, Fingerprint scan

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 1:12 PM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2013 2:52 PM in response to wjosten

As far as I can tell.... and I have checked and rechecked every setting... chcecked restrictions... changed and checked my passcode and settings, my ios is up to date, I restarted, i keep searching for something obvious. But I've done everything I've read. It just never shows up. The option to add a fingerprint ID is there. I think it might be a bum phone. 😟 Thanks for the link tho.

Nov 28, 2013 2:45 PM in response to rani5

Apparently I have the same problem. When I first set up the phone I was in a hurry and elected to setup the fingerprint stuff later . . . which I seemed to be able to do without problems.

But like you, the phone won't ask me for my print, only my code.

I noticed under "Use Touch ID* For" I can turn on "iPhone Unlock" but the "iTunes and App Store" button is immovable.

I suspect this is because the phone sometimes accepts my Apple ID, and sometimes doesn't. For example, I cannot get into iCloud. I have a call into Apple about my login problem (which exists on my Mini too).

I now suspect my login problem has something to do with being able to get the settings right, and that getting the settting right has something to do with not being asked for my fingerprint.

If I'm right, maybe you have some similar issue.

* Mac Mini won't let me type ID, keeps changing it to 1D - but only THERE, not in this sentence here for some reason.

Please help-my new 5s won't acknowledge the fingerprint security lock. I can successfully scan my fingerprint. I think I have the settings correct in passcode lock etc.- but when I turn off my phone it only asks for the passcode lock- no fingerprint id.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.