Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support not available for iPad air!!! Why not?

Tried to open a support ticket for my new iPad air only to be told that "support is not yet available for that device"

This seems a bit daft considering how long Apple have been working on this device.

iPad Air-OTHER, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 2:08 PM

15 replies

Nov 2, 2013 3:18 PM in response to Demo

Thank you!

Basically I have a factory set iPad Air and when I enter iTunes and browse in landscape mode the iTunes app crashes every time - tried in my old iPad 3 after completely resetting it all to factory default and I have the same issue - enter the iTunes app in landscape and look at the movies section - crash.

Any idea why?

Nov 2, 2013 5:56 PM in response to Lsmith123

I almost always use my iPad 3 in landscape mode...95% of the time easily, it I am not seeing this behavior. The fact that you see it on both devices is very odd.

Do you have any apps in common on both devices? I suppose that there is a chance that a corrupt app could be causing your problem. Why don't you try closing all apps on the Air, then reboot it and see of that helps. If it works, try the same thing on the iPad 3.

Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe "up" on all of the app thumbnails to close them.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Nov 3, 2013 2:20 AM in response to deggie

This morning I did a full reset of the iPad air back to factory - set it up a a brand new iPad and the first app I opened was the iTunes app - opened in landscape - crash.

So that's with zero content on the device - simply connected to a wireless broadband.

I can't see what the router would have to do with this problem.

Nov 3, 2013 10:41 PM in response to Lsmith123

Hi Lsmith123,

Have a look around the forums, it's not just you. I and a lot of others are experiencing the same issue with the new Air.

Don't bother with factory resets ect, they don't work.

All being well it's just a software issue that Apple will bring an update out for shortly.

Can't imagine they will take long as 1, it doesn't look great on their flagship product and 2, it will start to affect their iTunes revenue.

Annoying as he'll though. You would have thought someone might have tested the Air in landscape????

Karl.

Nov 5, 2013 7:51 AM in response to Lsmith123

This will make you laugh!

I've just returned from the Apple store where they knew nothing about the issue.

That was until I picked up their display Air and showed them. Sure enough within 10 seconds ITunes had crashed while in landscape mode. To say he was surprised was an understatement.

Has anyone else noticed how sluggish ITunes is as well? Try going from portrait to landscape when not in ITunes then try again while in ITunes and the difference is huge.

Support not available for iPad air!!! Why not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.