Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages downgrade

It appears that the latest iPad versions of Pages, Keynote and Numbers are not compatible with Mac iWork'09. Does anyone know of any problem with reverting to the previous (compatible) versions of Pages etc., and in particular with iPads being managed by Apple Configurator? Is it as simple as replacing the updated apps in Music > iTunes > Mobile Applications with the older versions?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 3:58 PM

4 replies

Nov 3, 2013 11:25 AM in response to Peter Monether1

Hi! I am dealing with the same issue! I can not access any of my documents created a previous version of pages from my ipad. At first I was unable on MacBook Pro to view any docs- then I went to applications and ran previous version of pages (prior to laptop mavericks installation). I can see all but 5 folders now (those missing are those I opened on ipad ) . Ipad- I can only see those docs I opened (not the folders I am totally missing). It *****! I am an independent sales rep and losing $

Nov 4, 2013 11:05 AM in response to Peter Monether1

Thanks to those who posted, and because of the limited scope of my particular situation, this may not be good news for everyone, however this is what I found:

• On the iPad, if you've updated the Pages (or Keynote or Numbers) app and haven't updated the old docs, you can easily swap the old app in and archive or delete the new version (2.0) in Music > iTunes > Mobile Applications.
  • If you've updated/converted the existing docs as well as the app, you've gone past the point of no return with those docs and will either have to remake them in the old app once reinstalled, or decide you'll upgrade everything else (Mac Mavericks and Pages etc.) to be compatible. (For us, that would mean spending about 3,000 unbudgeted dollars!)
  • With Apple Configurator and our managed iPad labs, we were lucky. The updated apps on the iPad server had not yet been deployed onto the iPads on the carts. Downgrading on the server was easy - I archived the new apps and copied in the old Pages etc. apps.

In future I'll do a better job of reading the update notes before jumping to install! I should know better, since the same thing happened with iWork 08 and iWork 09 - not backwards compatible.

Pages downgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.