Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I run Appleworks on Mountain Lion without downloading Snow Leopard?

I cannot download Appleworks on my Macbook Pro because the software is too old.... I know it works with Snow Leopard, but I was wondering if there was another way or anything to download so then I'd be able to open my Appleworks documents on this computer. I had it for about two years (it was when Lion (not Mt Lion, just Lion) was first relased)

I'd very much appreciate your help !!!

Thanks,

Florence

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 4:58 PM

1 reply

Nov 3, 2013 12:35 AM in response to florencetadam

There are only two ways for you to run Appleworks, both requiring you to purchase Snow Leopard if you don't already have it - it is available in the Online Apple Store as a box, it is not available for download.

1. Install Snow Leopard on an external hard drive and boot from that to run AppleWorks. This won't work if your Mac originally came with anything later than Snow Leopard installed.

2. Run it in emulation using Parallels - the method is described here: it seems complex; however Snow Leopard Server is available in the Apple Store (by telephone) at a reduced price and this makes the process a lot easier. I haven't tried either method: use at your own discretion. You can then run AppleWorks as an emergency measure.

This article about 'Abandoning Appleworks' may be of interest:

http://rfwilmut.net/aw

How can I run Appleworks on Mountain Lion without downloading Snow Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.