Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my iBooks library with Calibre

I don't trust any of my data to one exclusive source (including Apple). My primary library I keep in Calibre. iBooks is secondary. iBooks is my primary reader on my iPad but Calibre can no longer see my iPad with the introduction of Mavericks. Is there a work around? Is apple planning of fixing this?

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 7:10 PM

7 replies

Jan 7, 2014 7:56 AM in response to Everett Dick

I believe so. I have therefore downloaded Marvin from the apps store. It seems to be a good, non-proprietary ebook reader. A further advantage of Marvin is that one can adjust not only the brightness of the evader screen, but also the warmth. So far I have been syncing between Calibre and Marvin via Dropbox.

The failure of iBooks to sync with Calibre is inconvenient but it has led me to start to explore interesting alternatives to Apple's default apps.

Mar 29, 2014 4:09 PM in response to seagulladvies

I used the Marvin app and plug in. Converted my library to run on Marvin. Moved iBooks on my devices to a sub folder. Removed iBooks from the dock since I no longer use it with any frequency. Apple op manuals only.

And now that I am converted apple will have to do something wonderful to iBooks to make me go through the effort to convert back.

How do I sync my iBooks library with Calibre

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.