Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off update request

My iMac 2005 or 2006 (I forget) is finally showing it's age. iMovie will not update the latest version because I get error saying my video card is not sufficient.

But now I want to turn off the message that I have an update because I will not be using the update. How do I do this? Another user suggested there used to be a drop down menu with right click, but I can't find it anywhere and still have the little red number on my app icon saying I have an update and I'd like to get rid of it.

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 9:20 PM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2013 4:25 PM in response to StephanieWelk

umm..... I went to the App Store preferences in the System Preferences. I didn't see a setting that looked like it would help. I saw I could turn off the App Store from automatically checking for updates, but nonetheless, once an update is flagged for me to "do", if I don't want the update, then I still have the red number and an active request to perform an update. Someone tried to solve this a couple weeks ago.... I've have to go look at my post, but he suggested in older os there was a drop down menu if you double clicked on the update botton. This does not seem to be the case currently. Seems like a worthy oversight for Apple to fix. But currently, if anyone has a fix I'd love to know.

Thanks!

turn off update request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.