Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flagged folder in Mail shows 6 emails but folder is empty

The flagged folder in Mail on my Macbook Pro shows 6 emails but the folder is empty - I have done all the usual things.......eg. select all, flag all, unflag all, logged out of mail, closed laptop down - does anyone have any other way of clearing these?

When I look at my emial account on my phone these 6 emails arent there so must be an issue with macbook?

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 2:49 AM

4 replies

Nov 4, 2013 7:18 AM in response to caffhaines

Hello caffhaines,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

Configuring Mail for your email account

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1277

To remove an email account in Mail:

1. Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
  2. From the Mail menu, choose Preferences..., or press Command-, (the Command and comma keys).
  3. Click the "Accounts" icon.
  4. Select the account you wish to remove.
  5. Click the "-" (minus) icon. You will be alerted that "The account's setup information, mailboxes, messages, notes, and to do's will be deleted permanently from your computer."
  6. If you are sure you want to remove the account and email messages from your computer, click "Remove" to complete this process.

Then readd the email account.

Best of luck,

Mario

Nov 11, 2013 10:39 PM in response to mario49

This has to be one of the least helpful responses I have seen.

I have the same problem and I see that I am one of several people with this issue.

The FLAGGED folder indicates that it contains two messages. And yet when I open the folder, there are no messages listed. I did have two messages in the flagged folder but they were dealt with and deleted, yet the flagged folder insists that they are still there.

I am not trying to remove an account. I am trying to correct the message indicator on the flagged folder.

Regards

Mike

Flagged folder in Mail shows 6 emails but folder is empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.