Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Aperture do Panoramas and HDR ?

Hi

I Would like to buy Aperture, however I can nowhere find relevant information considering wheter Aperture relly can stich photography together to create a panorama. or HDR. I found it to be the very basic of function in photography editing software, yet iPhoto canot do them so if Aperture is to be "professional aplication" I think that it ought to do this.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 2:32 AM

No, Aperture does not support HDR or panorama stitching.

Aperture does different things - develope and enhance (raw) images to perfection and organize your photo library for efficient storage and easy retrieval of your photos.

For graphics compositing - layers, panoramo stitching - you can extend the functionalilty by installing one of the many plug-ins that are available, or set up other tools as external editors.

I use Panorama Maker for panorama stitching, but you may want to check out the free

Hugin.

-- Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2013 2:32 AM in response to Jiri Stoklaska

No, Aperture does not support HDR or panorama stitching.

Aperture does different things - develope and enhance (raw) images to perfection and organize your photo library for efficient storage and easy retrieval of your photos.

For graphics compositing - layers, panoramo stitching - you can extend the functionalilty by installing one of the many plug-ins that are available, or set up other tools as external editors.

I use Panorama Maker for panorama stitching, but you may want to check out the free

Hugin.

-- Léonie

Can Aperture do Panoramas and HDR ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.