Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't show embedded videos!

If I load up a page in Safari that has a video embedded in it, it doesn't show. I just see a blank space where the video is supposed to go. I don't receive an option to load the video, nothing.

I've checked the preferences and I unchecked "Stop plugins to save power" in the Advanced tab. Didn't work.

I reinstalled the Flash plug-in, after emptying cache. Didn't help either.

I tried running Safari in 32-bit mode as I read on other forums that might help, didn't work.

I'm a bit lost here, I just want videos to show when I visit them on a page. I don't care if it's more power consuming or not. I don't want to load up Chrome every time I hit a page with a movie I like to watch. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 2:44 AM

6 replies

Nov 10, 2013 3:15 AM in response to Tom Prins

Nothing? Maybe a few screenshots to show the problem will help?

User uploaded file

Nothing. Blank space. If I rightclick on the part where the video should be I get no response. I rightclick next to the area it's fine. The video shows in Chrome. I get no popup whatsoever. I do get popups on other sites. I even got one when I uploaded the image on this forum from Apple. It annoys me to **** videos don't show, but I would love to be able to keep using Safari over Chrome.

Any help?

Nov 10, 2013 1:56 PM in response to Tom Prins

Solved..... I thought I had tried everything, removing AddBlock etc, apparantly I had an extension installed called Google Disconnect. Feature of this extension is that Google can't track my visited sites etc. Youtube of course doesn't like this and that's why the videos weren't visible. Removed the extension and it's all perfect again!

I feel so stupid....

Safari won't show embedded videos!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.