Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 09 document can't be edited with new pages

Man, I'm quite angry about the new pages.

First of all, I don't feel the new design as an improvement. A lot of the reorganisation, that took place, just doesn't seem as thorought as the Apple-Standard.

But my problem is another one.

I have an pages 09 document, which I can't edit with the new pages, the way I have to.

Some objects can't be clicked, I can't add new pages, ...

If you like, I can't provide you the document for further testing.

pages-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 2:52 AM

8 replies

Apr 17, 2014 6:20 PM in response to herrmajkl

herrmajki

Please ignore Twism-One's suggestions. You will lose content if you do what T-O suggests.

Pages 5 does a bad job of translating certain features in Pages '09 documents. If you can open the document in Pages '09 instead. If there is some reason you wish to persist with Pages 5, you will need to be more specific about the problems so we can suggest how to get around them.

Peter

Apr 17, 2014 6:53 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Peter

I don't know your intention here but I've provided a solution to someone's problem which apple CS didnt even know about when I called them.

Just incase you are missing herrmajki's problem, here's the original post

" But my problem is another one.

I have an pages 09 document, which I can't edit with the new pages, the way I have to.

Some objects can't be clicked, I can't add new pages, ..."

I had '09 document saved, when I went to edit the document, pages wouldn't allow me though it wasnt locked.

I couldnt even select any text.

After spending time with Apple CS, we couldnt get anywhere. So spent more time and found a solution which I'm sharing with people similar problem. RIght until now, I didnt even have username to post anything here. I just created it to share the solution.

I reckon you find out for yourself instead of trying to sway people away from a much needed solution.

This is not a power struggle environment.

I'm no longer responding to your replies.

Apr 17, 2014 7:11 PM in response to Twism-One

Are you aware of the expression "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"?

The point is your answer doesn't make sense and ignores this:

User uploaded file

When you switch modes in Pages 5 you delete the document layer which contains all the body text and all inline objects. Not something most people will want.

This lets you move and rearrange the thumbnails, which was only one part of the problem stated by herrmajki, but at the cost of losing all or most of the document content?

Don't take wild guesses at "solutions" and pass them on without caveats to other users.

Peter

Pages 09 document can't be edited with new pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.