Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks search comes up with [newNullResponse]. How do I fix it?

I bought a new iPad Air yesterday, and went into the iBooks. I had an iPad 2 that worked fine.

I wanted to buy a new book on the new iPad, but when I clicked on the search box and entered the author, it comes up with an error message

of either

Http:1.1 Service Unavailable

Cannot connect to the iTunes store

or

Your request produced an error

[newNullResonse]

Is there a setting I need to change or something?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 5:54 AM

6 replies

Nov 3, 2013 6:36 AM in response to charoite

I had the exact same problem and after trying a bunch of things, this is what finally worked:

“Go to Settings > General > Date and Time > Set Automatically > Off. Set the date one year ahead. Try to update the apps again or press the button from Passbook. If you get an error message, go back to the Settings app and change Date and Time > Set Automatically back to On. Then go back and try again.”

Just exchange the middle part with doing a search in iBooks

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/09/20/fix-for-cannot-connect-error/

May 3, 2014 9:42 AM in response to charoite

I just uploaded iOS 7.1.1 to my mini. I can get to itunes and apps, but on ibooks, I cannot search for titles... it gives me the error http:1.1 service unavailable. I tried all of the recommendations, but I also do not have a passbook app on my ipad.

Here is how I am working around the issue. Go to Itunes, in the search key in ibooks then on the menu bar select books, you can do a search from there and purchase just like I did in ibooks. But what a waste of time. If they want to sell me something they shoud at least give you a venue to report bugs!

iBooks search comes up with [newNullResponse]. How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.