Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime gamma consistency - still unresolved. Any solutions ?

Hi,

I am having issues with Quicktime an inconsistent gamma with exported footage. Quicktime player makes the footage appears washed out compared to my NLE.

I have tried the fix using the movie properties and quicktime pro 7, and saving or exporting the footage again. This corrects the problem for quicktime 7, and also in the latest quicktime player (though I have to re-export for this), however with quicklook (which I believe uses the latest quicktime X engine) the footage still appears washed out.

This is a massive problem for delivering footage and previews to clients, since 90% of them will be viewing them on their macs using quick look or the default player. Some threads have suggested color correcting in the NLE to compensate. This is a really hacky solution and not practical at all, since once the footage is uploaded to youtube or vimeo, it won't be correct anymore (once uploaded to a tube site, footage comes out normal. VLC also displays correctly. It seems odd to me that everyone else can display video correctly but not Apple's major video player).

Does anyone know a definitive way around this problem ? its driving me nuts...

Quicktime Pro 7-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 6:54 AM

1 reply

Quicktime gamma consistency - still unresolved. Any solutions ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.