Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts are "temporarily unavailable" about 40% of the time, but play ok when retrying it.

This seems to be an issue related more to iOS 7 since it started happening after the iOS 7 upgrade but both before and after the Podcasts 2.0 upgrade.

Basically the downloading and playback of podcast in iOS 7 and bot the old and new Podcasts app. Podcasts now will often (about 40% of the time) not playback and simply display "This podcast is temporarily unavailable." Yet, when I got right back to it in the list and play it again it works. It's mostly a gigantic annoyance because of the frequence. 1 in 100 times would be fine. 4 times out of 10 is a little much.

I'm about to try the iOS 7.0.3 upgrade to see if it helps, but considering that it isn't mentioned in the list of fixes I doubt it.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 6:13 AM

There are no replies.

Podcasts are "temporarily unavailable" about 40% of the time, but play ok when retrying it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.