Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't launch in Mavericks

Since I installed OS X Mavericks, iTunes doesn't launch anymore. I've Version 11.1.2

After clicking on the iTunes icon in the dock, it jumps once and this point that shows that an application is started appears under the icon. No window opens. In the menu bar, there is only written "iTunes" but not the other that's there usually. If I click on theword, it becomes blue but the pop-up menu doesn't open.

No error log appears.

I cannot quit the crashed program by doing right click-quit in the dock, only by alt-cmd-esc

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 9:37 AM

I just solved the problem by re-installing Mavericks.

3 replies

Nov 21, 2013 3:59 AM in response to janprzy3

I have the same problem, and it wasn't solved by re-installing Mavericks. After a reboot, the first time I try to start iTunes it takes a long time starting up, but then shuts down without ever showing a window. After that, it immediately shuts down upon launch. I'm running iTunes 11.1.3. I tried re-installing iTunes only, and tried re-installing Mavericks, but to no avail.

Anybody any ideas?

iTunes doesn't launch in Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.