Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2nd Application Folder

The other day I found a second Application Folder in 'Home' (which is empty) and the proper one is under "Macintosh HD" I don't remember seeing this before and my question is;

Did I create a new Application Folder by accident?

or could it be due to Malware?

It seems unusual that the folder is empty and the computer's been acting a bit strange

Thanks for any help

Doug

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), Yamaha P-105

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 7:10 AM

No you didn't. It is created by the OS or a program installer just in case you make the change of install location. If you install an App to that Application folder in your UserName folder it will only be available to your UserName and not to other user accounts. All Apps install to the ROOT Applications folder are avaialble to all User accounts.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2013 7:10 AM in response to Community User

No you didn't. It is created by the OS or a program installer just in case you make the change of install location. If you install an App to that Application folder in your UserName folder it will only be available to your UserName and not to other user accounts. All Apps install to the ROOT Applications folder are avaialble to all User accounts.

Nov 4, 2013 8:38 AM in response to LowLuster

Thanks for your help, that makes me feel so much more at ease. Yes I recently installed a program

However, I wish these "stupid machines" would only have "Guest User" accounts if you create one. Every time you do something you have to type in the password. They just assume these machines are going to be used in an office where there are numerous people. But there's only one person in this "office" LOL

2nd Application Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.