Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to 10.9 Server 3 XMPP server does not accept account with domain instead of FQDN

Hi,

I've had this issue before when upgrading to 10.8 from 10.7. The issue is that my previous working jabber ID (user@domain.com) stops working and I can only login to the XMPP server using user@host.domain.com. In previuos upgrades, all I had to do to fix the issue was to re-add the domain witrh the serveradmin tool, adding it to the jabber:hostsCommaDelimitedString.

#serveradmin settings jabber:hostsCommaDelimitedString="host.domain.com,domain.com"

In 10.9 this does not work. Both host and domain entries are already in the config but I still can only login when changing my JID to be user@host.domain.com.

Any hints?

Regard,

//Staffan

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 7:59 AM

Solved it myself! It seems like the #serveradmin script for modifying / adding the domain aliases to the ejabberd server does not work correctly. After looking through the different sm_.xml files created when adding a domain the script does not modify the <local><id> that the server uses to identify the JID with.

After manually modifying that id to match my domain, and restarting the ejabberd server, it works fine again!

It seems like when adding or modifying the jabber:hostsCommaDelimitedString="" the server default hostname is always inserted into the <local><id>.

//Staffan

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2013 7:59 AM in response to skerker

Solved it myself! It seems like the #serveradmin script for modifying / adding the domain aliases to the ejabberd server does not work correctly. After looking through the different sm_.xml files created when adding a domain the script does not modify the <local><id> that the server uses to identify the JID with.

After manually modifying that id to match my domain, and restarting the ejabberd server, it works fine again!

It seems like when adding or modifying the jabber:hostsCommaDelimitedString="" the server default hostname is always inserted into the <local><id>.

//Staffan

Nov 3, 2013 6:48 PM in response to bobgeo

I found them, run the command "sudo serveradmin settings jabber" in Terminal and you will see the path. It is Library>Server>Messages>Jabberd

This fixed it for me too. We actually use the FQDN, but still the service in the sm.xml file states that it should resolve it correctly. Why does the DNS not resolve the FQDN correctly?

After upgrading to 10.9 Server 3 XMPP server does not accept account with domain instead of FQDN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.