Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notification center and control center not working?

So I have an iPhone 4S and I have the iOS 7.0.3 and lately my notification center doesn't pull down and my control center doesn't pull up. It wasn't like this before and it's really annoying now. What should I do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 8:19 AM

12 replies

Nov 3, 2013 8:22 AM in response to saraahcontreras

It does not do it at all, or it doesn't do it under certain circumstances? Go into Settings>Notification Center, and also into Control Center and see what settings you have it set for. Do you have them set for Lock Screen? Test again. If they do not work, then try a reset. Hold the sleep/wake and home button together until you see the Apple logo and then release. Check after that.

Nov 3, 2013 8:46 AM in response to saraahcontreras

A lot of what happens with these two pieces has to do with how the user attempts to open them from the screen. There are always times when an individual's finger does not quite register well with the screen and that can cause the problem. Try to always start with your finger off the screen, such as by the home button or the earphone hole. Swiping in a steady motion can help as well. Good luck with your phone.

Nov 5, 2013 3:39 AM in response to saraahcontreras

This issue happened to me since ios 7. All newer versions failed to solve it. When control center and notification center aren't working the screen will never auto-lock. I've seen other discussions of this issue but no one came up with a solution. Restarting the phone resolves this problem but only for some time.

I've tried restoring my iphone then restoring backup - nothing helped.

Tried to reset all settings (keeping applications and data) - also nothing.

I guess it's worth restoring the phone without restoring from backup but haven't done that yet.

Dec 7, 2013 5:05 AM in response to hasSomethingToSay

hasSomethingToSay wrote:

i had the same problem and i resolved it. The three problems( 1-control center , 2-notification center, 3-auto display close; dont work) occured at the same time.

Solution is very simple.

The very simple solution this user is advocating is to enable Assistive Touch (Settings>General>Accessibilty) then to disable it again.

notification center and control center not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.