Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS Update - Loss of Music/Storage

Hi all!

I recently (last night 11/2) upgraded to IOS.7.0.3 on my iPhone 5. None of my music is recognized by the library, and anything other than an authroized Applestore Purchase is viewed as an "Other File" that I cannot manage. Has anyone else experienced this? I really do not want to do a full restore because I do not want to lose texts or notes etc. I have tried restoring from backup and the same result, only songs purchased through apple appear, and the rest of my music library appears as "other." When I try to manage it through iTunes the storage goes over my 14GB.

Also, to clarify, I find this frustrating because the majority of my itunes library consists of albums I have ripped from CD so it's not as if they were downloaded. If my iPhone is only going to recognize music I buy through apple then I'd have to switch to Droid.

Any thoughts or solutions that do not involve a factory restore?

Thanks!

Josh

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 7:21 AM

Hey all,

After reading up on other discussions I deleted all of my Voice Memos (of which there was less than 1GB), removed them from my iTunes Library, did a complete reinstall at which point I got my memory back.

I then restored the last backup I had done, and my messages etc. were all reloaded but the "Other" Storage was not.

Seems like a possible bug involving the syncing of the memos, there were 8 copies of each one on my hardrive (though the phone was only showing one of each) as if every time I synced the phone logged in a new copy of a previous memo.

Anyway best of luck to anyone else with this issue, it turns out it did not have anything to do with my MP3's as I had originally thought!

Josh

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2013 7:21 AM in response to BushwickHero

Hey all,

After reading up on other discussions I deleted all of my Voice Memos (of which there was less than 1GB), removed them from my iTunes Library, did a complete reinstall at which point I got my memory back.

I then restored the last backup I had done, and my messages etc. were all reloaded but the "Other" Storage was not.

Seems like a possible bug involving the syncing of the memos, there were 8 copies of each one on my hardrive (though the phone was only showing one of each) as if every time I synced the phone logged in a new copy of a previous memo.

Anyway best of luck to anyone else with this issue, it turns out it did not have anything to do with my MP3's as I had originally thought!

Josh

IOS Update - Loss of Music/Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.