Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best stylus for note taking on the iPad Air?

I'm guessing fine point works best.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 10:06 AM

16 replies

Nov 5, 2013 11:31 PM in response to amandakait

I use the adonit jot pro, it's really good for precision, I use it to take notes. If you pressure sensitivity then you can go for the adonit jot touch 4. The Jaja by hex 3 is another one that's good for precision, and it also has pressure sensitivity, a review on pcmag however says it's has build issues. The review is below, the adonit jot touch which you'll see on the review is the old version.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411194,00.asp

Feb 28, 2014 5:46 PM in response to amandakait

Just want to share my experience with stylus for writing on iPad Air. I use my iPad a lot at work for writing meeting notes. I had an iPad2 until recently and was using Lifetrons High Tech Multi Stylus with conductive multi cloth trip and it works perfectly. However, the same stylus does not work on iPad Air. I bought aN Adonit Jot Flip and that didn't work either. Both stylus were intermittent, missing strokes in between writing which was very frustrating.

Finally I bought a STM Tracer Deluxe Stylus with a rubber tip and it works! The rubber tip has a matt but smooth texture so it writes quite easily without much friction. At the moment I think this is the best stylus for iPad Air.

May 13, 2014 9:09 AM in response to amandakait

For me the best ipad stylus is the Bamboo stylus. I use it especially with the Beesyapp. It’s a note taking app I use for meeting notes mostly. I use the Bamboo stylus to draw quick diagrams and add handwritten comments on pictures and website screenshots. I also like to draw on the Paper app with the stylus and it’s really enjoyable.

I recommend you the stylus both apps!

May 20, 2014 7:36 AM in response to amandakait

So, I bought the Adonit Jot Touch 4 Bluetooth Pressure Sensitive Stylus from Amazon. It didn't really satisfy me. This particular stylus uses a hard plastic disc which when write on a glass surface, it's quite slippery. There is no drag on the tip of the stylus. I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with the S-Pen and I loved it. I like to know if anyone sells a stylus like the S-Pen that works on the iPad. Many stylus for iPad that I've seen has a large tip and that's not accurate when taking notes. I want a small tip just like a pen/pencil but with a rubber type tip so there is some slight drag when write. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

What is the best stylus for note taking on the iPad Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.