Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Samsung Galaxy S3 wont accept messages from Iphone. I have sold my Iphone what do I do. HELP!!

I need help as I'm missing important text messages.

I have a phone upgrade - Iphone 4 to Samsung Galaxy. Iphone has been sold so I have no access to it anymore.

The new phone cannot accept text messages from iphone at all & its so annoying as I'm not getting important text messages.

How do I stop this? HELP..

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 12:25 PM

7 replies

Nov 3, 2013 12:34 PM in response to Kelly1905

what you should have done before you sold the iphone is deactivate imessage and remove your apple id. (you probably forgot, it's okay, there are other options!)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5538 -- directions if my explanation doesn't help.

you should login to your apple id online and change your password. heres the link to your apple id website...

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

ANY QUESTIONS feel free to reply! and i'll send you screen shots of the process.

Nov 3, 2013 12:46 PM in response to Kelly1905

on their iphone does it say "delivered" or just nothing as if it's still in the air? (under the imessage it says delivered when the text as sent and read if the text has been read, or nothing if it is still in the process of being delivered)

i was reading other blogs, and it looks now that the passwords changed it should "disconnect itself" from the old iphone since whoever has it won't be able to verify it. it might not be an *instant fix but it will fix it within the next couple of hours.

Nov 3, 2013 12:51 PM in response to StephanieWelk

Thanks Stephanie, I will see what happens tomorrow morning. The text is still in the air it doesnt say anything. I have turned off their imessenger too to see what happens and it has sent in the green box rather than blue but, this is also saying nothing. So hopefully it will sort itself. If not would I be able to sign in to my apple id via my friends iphone and then turn off imessenger from there or will it just turn off that iphones messenger? x

My Samsung Galaxy S3 wont accept messages from Iphone. I have sold my Iphone what do I do. HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.