Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.5 - Modified photos can't be shared via iCloud?

After I have worked on a photo (it is labeled as "modified") Aperture 3.5 does not load it up into iCloud. How can I change this strange behaviour? All other (not modified) photos can be shared easily. Has that something to do with the fact that he is ignoring work copies?

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 12:25 PM

13 replies

Nov 3, 2013 12:39 PM in response to Christian_1973

How can I change this strange behaviour? All other (not modified) photos can be shared easily.

Are you asking about automatic upload to My Photo Stream?

Aperture will upload a photo the moment it is imported to Aperture, but it will not sync the edits to iCloud. If you want to add an edited image to your photo stream, you have to share it again to iCloud. Select the edited image and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Share > iCloud > MY Photo Stream" to add the edited version to your Photo Stream.

-- Léonie

Nov 3, 2013 12:46 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for the first input.

But it is not about automated uploads to my Photo Stream. It is about sharing photos with my friends via iCloud. If I select those photos to be shared, Aperture 3.5 loads up only photos, which have not been modified. Photos I have modified are not been uploaded although I selected them and used the command "Share > iCloud ..."

I do not know how to change this behaviour. Or is it simply a bug?

Nov 3, 2013 1:01 PM in response to Christian_1973

I am seeing the same. The edited image I tried to upload to a Shared Photo stream finally appeared, after I forced the creation of a preview for the photo by holding down the ⌥-key while selecting the command "Photos > Generate Preview". Then all of a sudden the image uploaded three times 😁

But that may be only a coincidence, try it yourself.

Nov 4, 2013 2:52 AM in response to Christian_1973

You can repair the Aperture library with the Aperture Library First Aid Tools. To use the tools, lauch Aperture while holding down the key combination ⌥⌘ firmly, until you are seeing the panel with the First Aid options. Try "Repair Permissions" and "Repair Library". The second option may take a while for a large library.

See "Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual" for more information.

Nov 6, 2013 12:59 AM in response to léonie

I did one of your proposed repair steps ("repair library"), but nothing improved. Still I'm not able to upload (all) photos from Aperture to iCloud.

I did another try with iPhoto. So I opened the library which I'm using with Aperture and tried to upload the same photos ... result: All photos uploaded. No issues. So my personal view at this time ist that there seems to be an issue with Aperture.

Besides that I will also try later on your proposal to "repair permissions".

Aperture 3.5 - Modified photos can't be shared via iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.