Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to migrate a local calendar to a WebDAV server?

Because I do not like to sync using iCloud I installed Maverick Server to have a local server for my calendars. The other devices in my home can then connect to it. I found it easy to set up using this webpage and it works with a test calendar. I add something in iCal with my MacBook and seconds later it appears on my iPad.

But I am puzzled on how to migrate my local calendars in iCal to the server. I tried to export them to the desktop and then import them into the server calendar I see in iCal. Then iCal gives this warning:

User uploaded file

Should I proceed? I do not want to damage 12 years of iCalendar data. I have backups, but preventing a mess is always easier.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 1:04 PM

7 replies

Nov 4, 2013 2:40 AM in response to ReindeR Rustema

I'm afraid I don't know about iPhone, not having one, but I would have thought that if there were three calendars in the same account on the server, it would show all of them. I assume that they all are indeed in the same account? - I've no experience of CalDAV servers (other than iCloud) so I don't know how you would best check that. You could try creating a new user account on your Mac and subscribing in iCal in that to see what happens.

Incidentally your signature says you have 10.5.8 - I assume this can't be true; please amend it in case it causes any confusion in future.

Nov 4, 2013 7:18 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Surprisingly, this morning all calendars showed up in my iPhone. Apparently there is a delay.

But now there is another issue with the error:

"The server responded with an error.

Access to “event from years ago” in “the second added calendar” in account “local” is not permitted.

The server responded:

“403” to operation CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation."

[Ignore] [Try Again] [Revert to Server]

Each event starting with the beginning of that calendar (years ago) seems to generate an error. It will take a day to click on Ignore for all those events.

Will ask this in a new thread. For now the issue this thread is about is solved, thank you. I also updated my profile, except for my iPad. No 'edit' option next to that one. Strange.

How to migrate a local calendar to a WebDAV server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.