Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual monitors - best position on desk / viewing angles and distance

Hi all

Although I have FCP 10.0.9, it is not directly an FCP question. I premilary use my mac for FCP X and Aperture.

I have two monitors - 27in and 22in. I use the 27in directly in front of me approx 40in from eyes away (for most of my work) and with the smaller monitor to the left side at a 90 degree angle.

Is this an ideal setup or would I be better doing it a different way.

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts.

Matt

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9), FCP X 10.0.9

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 2:04 AM

90 degree angle seems a bit extreme. You want to see the monitors side by side, and pretty dead on straight. When you look at monitors from an angle, you start to see false colors and such. Plus, you don't want to be turning your head too much to one side or the other.

As long as they are eye level, and only as slight angles, you just want to see each one striaght on as much as possible. Distance depends on personal taste and your eye sight, but roughly 20-40 inches is recommended.

Here are OSHA guildelines.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/computerworkstations/components_monitors.html

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2013 2:04 AM in response to AppleMacCider

90 degree angle seems a bit extreme. You want to see the monitors side by side, and pretty dead on straight. When you look at monitors from an angle, you start to see false colors and such. Plus, you don't want to be turning your head too much to one side or the other.

As long as they are eye level, and only as slight angles, you just want to see each one striaght on as much as possible. Distance depends on personal taste and your eye sight, but roughly 20-40 inches is recommended.

Here are OSHA guildelines.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/computerworkstations/components_monitors.html

Dual monitors - best position on desk / viewing angles and distance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.