Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving videos from others' Photo Stream

I have a Photo Stream that I share out to family. Since the iOS 7 update, I have started adding videos to it. Can any of my family members download videos from the stream like they can the photos? How can I get this to work? I have asked my sister who owns an iPhone 5C to try to download videos, but she said she can't do it. I have an iPhone 5 that I share videos out with. Also, the videos that I put out aren't very long; generally they are less than a minute.

I know that I can open my Photo Stream to the public, but I would rather not do this.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 1:17 PM

9 replies

Nov 3, 2013 1:34 PM in response to gabi1983

I assume you would save videos the same way you save photos, by opening the shared stream, tapping the videos to select them, tapping the share icon (box with upward pointing arrow), then tapping Save to Camera Roll. (I don't have any so I can't test this.)

Also, enabling the public website option doesn't open it up to the public, it just gives you a unique URL that you can share with non-iCloud subscribers so they can view them on the web from their computer browser. Only the people you invite would know the URL.

Nov 4, 2013 6:31 AM in response to randers4

I have had my sister try to save videos as you have described in the first paragraph. It does not give the option to save to camera roll. And the biggest reason I don't want to open the stream to the public is not so other people can find it without me giving the link; a lot of my family members are computer illiterate and it's just easier to show them how to do it on their phones. Apparently, the previous iOS 7 release (prior to 7.0.3) the videos were able to be saved.

Jun 17, 2014 9:17 AM in response to gabi1983

Why is it so impossible to have shared videos in a photostream actually download to a device that has access to the photostream??? EVERY time I want to view a video, even a short one, that is in a shared photostream, it has to stream it from the cloud, and it is always very slow, even if I have a fast internet connection. And if I have no wifi, no video! This isn't so with photos, they can be viewed even if I have no connection, as long as the device was connected to the web to initially receive the added photos.

Unlike photos, there is also NO way to even save a video to the camera roll! This is insane! It makes video sharing via icloud completely worthless!!!!!!

Apr 20, 2015 12:33 PM in response to gabi1983

I really look forward to Apple correcting this. I am trying to organize files and even moving the videos from one iCloud folder to another is not doable.

Seriously, since the pictures and videos are our property, we should be able to move them as we wish. Since this is not an issue with pictures, I am not sure what the guys at Apple are waiting for. . . 😕

Saving videos from others' Photo Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.